Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just Breathe

I tire of the AOL Radio. It blasts the same songs talking about...nothing meaningful. I've put Beyonce's "Diva" on pause. It's a lot for my ears to take right now. I need new songs to load onto my mp3 player, because I tire of the music on there also. 

Keshia Knight Pulliam (aka Rudy from The Cosby Show) is starring in a reality show to air on Oxygen. Why Rudy, why? I tire of television. 

Today is one of the first official spring days, and April is practically at a close. I anticipate about 10 more "spring days" before going into unbearable Chicago heat. Yuck. 

I don't mean to be an Eeyore today, but I am pretty tired of everything. I am tired of work. In between people being so paranoid about being fired, I have the staff members who pretty much dare you to write them up. First I am told that I am not "stern enough" as a supervisor. Then when I indicate to staff what needs to be done I get looked at like I am an alien. I consider the following to be true: I don't really care what the staff says about me, as long as my boss feels like work is getting done. Which. He. Does. He hired me for a reason, and as much as I can't stand the environment there, I am prepared to dig my heels in until I am comfortable with my supervisory skills. 

I'm tired of my family vs. me vs. Mr. Man. It's SO old. And exhausting. And depressing. But I continue to work at it. My family is just too important for me to not work at it. As far as Mr. Man, we are getting along alright. We always are. Sometimes, I like being his friend better than being his fiance, because he is an extremely funny, rational, multi-talented person. He's cool - what more can I say?

I guess right now, I feel so blah-ish. Nothing new is happening. Spring makes me think of newness. I've got nothing new to be on really. Right now I'm just riding this wave out. I'm sure something will happen to make me have a "eureka" moment and give me a cause to rally around, but for now, I'm too tired to care. 

One good thing about spring approaching is that I can start people watching again. I make these stories in my mind. Maybe I could start putting those visions to paper. Write a book. There's a thought. Who'd want to read my musings though? 

0 comments: