Sunday, April 5, 2009

He's Got Me Lovestoned, Man I Swear He's Bad & She Knows

I woke up freezing.

The gas is off. This wouldn't matter so much if it were 65 degrees as it should be in a major midwestern city in April.

But noooooooo...it's freaking 37 degress with the opportunity of freezing rain. Did I mention last Sunday it snowed?

*sigh*

Last night, I dreamed that my mom found out I was sexually active. The second dream I had was that I was leaving home because of it.

This morning my mom stomped downstairs and opened the door.

Coldness.

She was saying something about how I didn't call to check on her yesterday.
Um, you could have called me too.
She says she didn't have to call because she knew where she was.
Well, I know where I was too, I was with Mr. Man. Duh.

I might have even responded in a "duh-ish" manner. I'm still rather pissed about being cold in April and not really responding to her questioning directly.

She then replied "Well you could have been in a hotel. You could've been in the library. You could've been at Mrs. Man's house." I still laid under the double blankets, fully clothed like a crazy woman. I had silently wondered how she brought up "hotel" out of all the places to me. Me and Mr. Man went to the Drake Hotel on his birthday.

Might I insert an otherwise non-neccessary comment about how excellent the Drake was? It was AMAZING.

Back to the story. Nobody knows I went to the hotel. The only way someone could have known is if someone was in my room. Snooping. Maybe not snooping, because it's not like I hid the receipts. Why would I? It's my stuff, in my room. The only thing I can think is that A)one of my brothers went in my room, saw the receipts wherever they were and snitched or B) my mom saw the receipt for herself. If A) is the situation that occurred, I'm so disturbed at the fact that my brothers grew up to be some snitches. First of all, who paid for the hotel? Not you. So why do you give a damn? I mean, just in general - it's none of your business. Now everytime I buy a box of condoms I have to toss the receipt? Wackness.

At any rate, my mom wants to know why we got a hotel room. She wants to have the conversation in private. Which I respect. But, I don't understand why we have to have a conversation at all though. Truthfully - I'm...(I hate saying this) but, I'm grown as hell dawg! I got my degrees, I got my job, I pay my bills. I'm not 19 - I turn 25 in July. I could lie, but why am I going to lie? I was at the hotel. Why did we go? We went for privacy. Privacy for what? Sex? Sure, but not really, because if the past year has demonstrated we can and will have sex pretty much wherever it starts going down, so that wasn't it. The hotel room was an opportunity to live like royalty for a change. No roommates, room service, stupid ass huge big screen television (with cable!), humongous king-size bed (that we literally played in because we couldn't believe how big it was). Peace, quiet, and tranquility. That is why we went. Now if I'm asked outright if we had sex, well, that's going to have to come out.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to be looking at craigslist, lol, because I don't know how that's going to pan out.

3 comments:

Erika said...

This just shouldn't be the case...geez. I'm sorry that it's gotta be like that. Why at 24 years old is she really going to sit you down somewhere and ask what you and your man did at a hotel?? Psshh.

RealDeal_Revolutionista said...

Meh. Moms. What more can I say?

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always