Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In A Perfect World...

I usually don't do two blog posts in a day (not lately anyway) but I had two youtubes/videos I wanted to share. First, a trailer for a movie by Alex Jones entitled The Obama Deception.



I support Obama, the person. I really do. But, I'm always suspicious of those in power, particularly those that occupy the seat of the President. America just isn't as free as most would like to believe. I'm not against Obama, per se, but I am against deception, and especially oppression. If I find that Obama is taking part in either of those two, I consider them crimes against the people, and I find it hard for him to be a friend of mine.

On the flip side, the people have a lot to do with the way this country is being run. We are so tuned into our I-Pods and PDA's, our internet, our texting - and yet we are still the most misinformed or uninformed bunch on the planet. Why is that? More people have cable with access to a variety of alternate information, but we still just don't have a clue of what's going on. Why is that? The bottom line is, we are a country of complexes: military complex, prison complex...the first amendment is being challenged with every day a civil liberty is stripped away. When does it end? Why do we stand for it? So, no. I'm not for Obama, if Obama is for corporate bankers, reducing my civil liberties, and aligning with Europe. I'm not with Obama, I'm not with Bush - fuck being called a democrat or a republican, because at the end of the day - it's just us, the people. And with each day that we remain disconnected from the information, we lose our power. All power, belongs to the people, at all times. We must not forget this key fact.

Just think people. Think beyond what's told to you. Always.

The second, (a little less serious) is a trailer for Twitter:



I mean for real, wtf is Twitter? I don't know if this officially shows how old I am, but I don't understand the shit. It seems like a colossal waste of time. And makes me go back to my original statement: this society is genuinely disconnected. We're not divided. Because when it comes right down to it, we all want the same things. We're just disconnected.

It's difficult to have such a passion to want to give my life to this thing bigger than myself, and not have people understand why. As long as I can remember, I have felt that my role in this lifetime is to serve the people. I find joy in it. I'm not motivated to do it because it pays well. I just want this world to be a slightly better world for my children to inhabit. What's the crime in that?

0 comments: