Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Want It That Way

Erika - I wonder how you date females because most of them I don't even like enough to have around often enough as friends, lol.

Case in point: my friend from high school's birthday is today (or the 11th) I'm not quite sure. She asked me to go to her party today. My first response is "Not a great idea- because I do keep the Sabbath." I have to do a better job of not polluting the Sabbath; last week me and Mr. Man bought something. I was like "Dude - today's the Sabbath: no buying, selling, and cooking." He looked at me like "Even online shopping?" LOL. Yes, even online, I'm pretty sure, lol. I told him that I really think I'll feel less likely to pollute (buy, sell, cook, have sex, lol) if I'm in church where I belong. We had a philosophical argument about how a person shouldn't take a job if it interferes with the Sabbath. He (being unemployed) said that a person should challenge it. I kept trying to get him to see that was dishonest. Eventually (the next day) he said I was right. I already knew that though. Anyway, this was a mighty long sidebar to say, my Saturdays are devoted towards keeping the Lord's rest as best as possible. So I initially said to her that I wouldn't make the party, but I'd go earlier - but yesterday, I told her that might not be possible. I didn't know if I'd make the 11:00AM or 1:30PM at church. The first session - I don't know why, but one of the brother's sessions (they both typically run 3 hours) seems shorter. I was going to try to make the early session go to her house, then go to my house. I woke up late today. Obviously, I have to make the later session which drraagggsssss. At any rate, I was still going to try to make it to her home, to at least see her - even though I have zero interest in going to the party (I don't know her friends and I'm not incredibly great at co-mingling if not absolutely necessary). I have been texting her and calling her ( I just myspaced her) and she hasn't replied to any of it. OH WELL. You're turning 25. No time for throwing fits over something like this! I never said I didn't want to see her, I just admitted I would have to fit it in my schedule. I might not have a life where I go out wildin' every damn night but that also doesn't mean I don't have things that I consider priorities. The Lord, my family, Mr. Man and work are priorities. That's just it. I don't know how I can explain that to people. Obviously my close friends are included when I say "family" but - I have to be met halfway.

I just received a text. Lol. Now she confirms her address!

See - can't stand females, Erika!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

You're not eatin their pussy, that's why you can't stand 'em!!!

She'll grow up some more...maybe shit will start clickin for her at 26 or 27 lol. If people have spiritual commitments, they just do!

RealDeal_Revolutionista said...

LOL! But you do - and you can't stand them either! Don't do me Missy!!! :P