Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ephiphany

1. I have been downloading some music lately. Imagine my surprise when I found that Chrisette Michele's latest album Epiphany was available on Amazon for the low low price of $2.99!! *Fan girl squeal* Ahem, of course I bought it. Mr. Man had given me an American Express Gift Card, and I didn't know where to use it at, since everywhere doesn't use American Express. So, I stocked up on some new music for my MP3 player.

I try to buy music whenever possible, and Amazon usually has decent prices for new releases. I always felt like if I was a musician, I'd want people to buy my music. I feel that way about Mr. Man's music, I'd want people to support him.

I don't really feel as compelled to purchase movies or go to the movies though. :/ Pretty darn unrevolutionary huh? Yeah, I bootleg or watch them online. I guess actors get paid when they sign on regardless. I don't know. I really should not do the bootleg movie thing either, but I'm not that big of a movie watcher either, so maybe that's the other reason I don't have that twinge of guilt whenever I do. Redbox is a godsend though - you can't go wrong with renting movies for a buck! If it sucks, it's like - who cares? It's only a dollar!

2. Anyway, I have been very anti-Twitter up to this point..but I'm getting pressure from most of my friends to join. The last thing I really need is yet another reason to shit away time. :/ The jury is still out on whether I will join or not.

3. Graduation has come and gone. Praise God. I'm proud of the students. It was a large graduating class. There were minor dramas (I'm sure they will be rehashed all day tomorrow) but for the most part, the graduation was nice. As I had to remind myself and others; it's about the students. People don't really realize how much it means to these people to attend graduation, but it is a big deal and a humbling experience. It made me feel really really good. It reminded me of why I love education so much. :) I've been picking up articles here and there and determining the kind of school I want to open, when I'll open it, etc. I can't wait to start working on my licensing.

4. I miss Xanga from time to time. Mostly when I want to put happy faces in my blog entries.

5. Home's been rather okay. There are minor battles every now and again, but I'm pretty much over it. All of it. I can't change the way anyone thinks about anything. I sure don't want anybody to try to change the way I think about anything. So my new motto is "Live and let live" unless I'm personally asked about something. Speaking of - my brother was laid off from his job. So two people out of four are unemployed. It's going to be a long summer. :/

6. Mr. Man starts training for his new job (drum roll please) tomorrow! :) I'm happy; I'm not going to lie. A little bit of a silver lining to this cloud called life. The past few months haven't been super difficult, but I'm definitely ready to start planning things that need money from the both of us. Namely - buying a car, and setting aside money to move. Plan a vacation to Aruba. And get married at some point, lol.
6a. I'm not sure when it happened but I'm pretty much over my mid-mid-life crisis I was having (internally) of course. Sometimes, listening to other people will get you in trouble. And I realized that it's not that many people I can count on for sound counsel. Is it nice to have friends to kick it with? Sure. But, I also know that everyone doesn't have the same values I have so how can I expect them to relate to me and assist me with my issues? It's not a good idea.

0 comments: