Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've Been Changed

Today I write as a semi-free woman.

Free from the pressures of grad school for a quarter, long enough for me to make some real personal headway in this life of mine. Only the Lord knows if a new job will appear in the near future to take away some of the trouble with me pursuing this grad degree. I'm not going to fret either way (well, not too much ;])

My anniversary weekend was perfectly amazing. It was the mini-vacation I absolutely needed. The TV came on once all weekend. We got all caught up on our homework. But most importantly, it was a weekend away in pure peace and relaxation. I can't wait until we find another reason to go away.

While away, we saw Brooklyn's Finest. If there was ever a movie to see on bootleg, that is it. That has got to be the year's worst movie, and it's only March!Even the bad movie couldn't change the good time we had together though. We had a homemade picnic in our room, quiet conversation, and candles. What more could two people ask for?

The only thing I'm concerned with our my next two trips to Oklahoma and Miami. I wanted to get the trips in sooner, but it appears my vacation days are sort of short, and with everything coming up at work (my responsibilities) I don't feel comfortable taking time off. So we shall see!

Peace.

1 comments:

nessarockz said...

I heard about your trip to OK to see Cinderoo, that's awesome!! It would be hecka cool if your vacay traveled down to TX and we met up lol.

I'm so proud of you pursuing your grad degree though Dez. That's pretty awesome. I need to do that, and I want to, but I just don't know if now is the right time or not. Plus the idea of school makes me have palpitations! haha