Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tell 'Em That It's Human Nature

I haven't had the opportunity to blog in some time, so this might be a long one. It may be short.

I'm all over the place lately.

However, I can say that I had a most excellent time last Sunday when I went to see the school production of "A Raisin in the Sun". Apparently this year is the 50th anniversary of Lorraine Hansberry's moving play about a Black family, and their dreams. I felt good because it was an opportunity to meet with my closest and favorite people. Not so ironically enough, my boss went to see the play and I was thrilled. Co-workers do not understand our relationship, nor do I really expect them to. :/ I feel confident in saying that my boss is just one of the best men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and we hang out outside the workplace every now and again. He always has worthwhile advice to share. To me, he's a fatherly figure but still someone you can reason with. My other co-worker came, also, with her family, so it was a bunch of us grouped together, but fun just the same.

Speaking of work, I'm so sometimey with it. I had said I would stay where I was for the time being, but, I saw an opportunity to transfer. Same hours (which sucks SO bad, I hate those hours) but way more money. Of course I applied. It is for the position of academic advisor, something I do already anyhow. I am really hoping to get called for an interview on that position. We'll see.

0 comments: