Monday, February 1, 2010

How Sick Am I, I Wish You Health...

Well, I have approximately 3 pills left to take. I am hoping that this will end my long running infection for good. To make a long story short, the first medicine I was prescribed made me feel totally horrible. So I had to switch antibiotics, which by the time I had, my infection morphed into something else (yup, morphed) so this is where I am now: third course of antibiotics, feeling better but somewhere expecting something else to emerge.

I must think positively, I know.

One of the things that transpired at my last doctor's appointment was a real brief discussion about my weight. I had never expressed concerns about it because I've been somewhat comfortable with my outer appearance. That comfort has not shifted, but it is amazing what you begin to consider when you really begin to visualize yourself as a life carrier. So, lately, I have been considering how if I'm heavy now, BEFORE I've had children, how much bigger might I be AFTER a few kids? Not a comforting thought especially since it's not healthy weight. Weight comes with diabetes, high blood pressure, crappy cholesterol (need I go on?)And given my family history, I don't need any added incentives to NOT do the right thing when it comes to weight. Anyway, I have a new doctor, and we did discuss my weight. She ran some blood tests to see why I am so heavy. Maybe it's genetic, maybe I have a disorder. I don't know. I will find out at my next appointment, but for the first time, I'm going to have a plan with this so I feel good. If more things in life were like school, I'd do so much better, I swear. Tell me what the problem is so I can study it. Simple as that.

Even then, I'm taking measures into my own hands. I didn't want to be in the gym with all of the New Year's folks, so pretty soon (like tomorrow soon) I'm joining X-port Fitness (maybe)- lol. Depends if I like it. I do want to take a tour...so we shall see!

Peace.

0 comments: