Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Never Knew I Needed

I've got to admit that I am simply excited to see The Frog Princess (I hope I typed that right. Idk why I want to keep naming it The Princess & The Frog story. I love Ne-Yo's song for this movie.

Granted, it doesn't seem to match the rest of the movie, but I still love this song. I've mentally placed it on the "Wedding" playlist. I know, it's a year away, but still, a girl's gotta plan.

And planning is what I've been doing. I'm proud to announce that I'm registered for my next quarter of classes that start in January. I really can't afford any less than an A. I'll be taking the Philosophy of Education. I tend to do well in Philosophy courses, so I hope the same will hold true for this course. I'm just one of those people who always do well in school. I will most likely always be enrolled in some kind of course because school centers me. The more things on my plate to be tackled translates into me being more focused. I'm a strange bird. I know!

Like a multi-million dollar corporation, it's important for my financial books to balance out at the close of this year. I have been humping lately with my bills. Honestly, the lil' Willowbrook excursion was something I had been saving for, but such a huge chunk of money non-dedicated to bills messed with me mentally. I don't consider myself to be uber-cheap, but I will say in the past few years of my adulthood I've tried to become more fiscally conscious. Perhaps it's a psychological way of preparing myself for full, unadulterated independence. Idk. Save for the occasional splurge on myself in the form of a new outfit or getting my hair done, I'd say I'm thrifty. My laptop? Bought it from QVC thanks to Flex-Pay. I used to be kind of embarrassed to admit to shopping from QVC, but not anymore. Listen: I'm not trying to keep up with the Joneses. I'm just trying to live my life the best way I know. And if I buy something I need and pay it off in 5 installments, so what, lol.

I've not been aggressive at all with it, but, I am starting to apply for new jobs. I'm trying to get myself in the mental state that I'm not going to be at my job forever. It's hard to believe I have been there for seven years. It hasn't been bad to me. Just now the one thing that is being compromised is my ability to complete my grad program in a timely manner. Right now I can only afford to take one class at a time because of the time I take off from work, since I work until 7PM and the bulk of my classes are at 5:30PM or 6:00PM. So, I'm putting myself out there realizing that besides a higher salary - I really just need to work a regular schedule. We shall see though. I am certainly grateful to have a good ass job considering. No job doesn't have it's stupid shit to put up with, but for the most part I try to remind myself it's just 8 hours and I won't be there forever.

I lost my glasses last week and had to go to America's Best to get some more. Well I didn't HAVE to go to America's Best. But they were the only place I knew I could get in on Saturday, and possibly have 2 pairs of glasses before the next week. Of course, I bought two pairs of glasses. The 2 for $69 is just the cost of frames. Uh duh. With lenses, and coating and what not, it can be close to $200. I politely told the salesman I didn't need all that bullshit, I just want to be able to see. At best, I may go back to get anti-reflective coating. I ended up spending $156.00 which is somewhat reimbursable by my vision plan. In the minute though it really hurt my wallet and heart. I should be getting my frames this weekend. I've said that perhaps it would just be best to keep one pair of glasses at work, and my other glasses at home. When I get some extra money I'm going to go to Four Eyes and get some prescription sunglasses. :) That should have me set for the next three, four years. I got my last glasses when my friends had their wedding shower, so its been about three years. Spread out over time, the investment is worth it.

Some days I feel really good about where I am in life. Some days not so much. I realized it's December and I'm still carless. Largely, because I'm still taking my sweet time in getting my permit. I have my Rules of the Road, and I have my Driver's Ed disc that Mr. Man bought me, but still, I've somehow procrastinated in getting it done. If it's going to get done I have to get it done this holiday break. I will just be disappointed if I can't put that feather in my cap for this year's accomplishments.

Peace...

0 comments: