Sunday, September 27, 2009

Legs Jerked, Overworked, Underpaid But Don't Be Afraid

So, I couldn't think of a good title so I used a recycled Ludacris lyric from What's Your Fantasy. Why? It's fully applicable to last night's round of grown folks activities.

What I learned last night is never to call Mr. Man an old ass man. I only ever say it in jest - I'm 25, he's 31, and it cracks ME up, lol. But, he was on a mission to prove his no old-manness. And it was duly noted.

Today I intend on going shopping for myself. I deserve it. My graduation is coming up and I want to look fly. :) Plus I have coupons. I hope I can go to Lady Foot Locker. Not likely though. Too many shoes, I only have 2 feet and I'll be there all day. With them I'm safer ordering online.

I'm keeping it as easy as possible today because tomorrow is my first day of observation. I will be observing 7th and 8th grade students (there are 13) at a Christian private school located in Chicago's loop. I look forward to it so much. It's crazy but I feel like being with children will give my life meaning. Lately there hasn't been a lot of that at all. Just go to work, work, work. Going to school is such a highlight and bright spot in my life - it just reaffirms that there are people in the world who are interested in making the world a better place.

0 comments: