Monday, March 9, 2009

So Simple

The life lessons I feel like I'm learning now are more like concepts I've known previously but lost from lack of application. Life is a lot like mathematics that way. I bet most of you guys couldn't do too well on an Algebra test right now because most of us haven't used Algebra in such a long time. Life is like that. If you don't use a concept, you'll lose it.

Last week was a rough week. Most of them have been since losing my dad. And I guess the thing that I couldn't get out of my head was the image of how I last saw him at the funeral. My mom found some really old pictures of him from my brother's high school graduation. The thing you have to understand about my dad is that he never took pictures. I believe it's because his mom was half Native American, and I know they believe by taking pictures you're taking away from your life expectancy. I don't know how accurate that was. But towards the end of his life, he did away with that. And for memory's sakes, especially for his future grandchildren's sake, I am happy that I have a few pictures. It makes remembering the good times easier. And when I was writing that message to Mr. Man, that's what I was essentially getting to. There is no reason all the good memories I have (practically a lifetime) should be overshadowed by how his life ended.

Me and my mom are okay for the most part. All I can say is some days are good days, and some are not. This weekend I ate some food that didn't settle well with me at Mr. Man's house. I couldn't get out of his house because my stomach was seriously too weak. I kept thinking I had to vomit and use the bathroom. I didn't get home til 5 something. I texted my mom and brother to let them know I was okay but I was just hanging around until I was able to be more mobile because I was obviously sick. Let's just say she was less than happy about demanding I get home: something along the lines of "get your ass home" was said. I was less than pleased. Later that morning, she kept saying if I was that sick then she should've been called to take me to the hospital. Mom, you don't drive. How were you going to get me to the hospital? Then I was told that when I'm with "him" I don't think or make responsible decisions. Since my stomach was still weak, and I was tired, I just went to take a shower and clean the kitchen. I'm sick of arguing. Same song, different melody. It gets old. I'm trying harder and harder to do the things I've been told I'm not doing, but I'm largely unsuccessful. Mr. Man came over yesterday, bought me yogurt for my stomach, and sat in the front room just chopping it up with James yesterday. I appreciated that a lot. He's trying, too.

We went to go see Watchmen in River Forest. It was a great movie. Not your typical superhero flick, but one has to recall that it's a dystopian feature so how could it be TYPICAL? I enjoyed it though, and even managed to stay up for the whole movie. It was one of those movies I'd seen once, and immediately needed to see agian, lol. We got a bite to eat, and went to Borders. It was a nice, relaxing, day.

Today is Monday, the beginning of a new work week. I'm off to take a nice shower to get things started on the right foot. Peace!

0 comments: